Friday, August 17, 2007

What happened to Customer Service????

Okay, I really get that mistakes, omissions etc. happen...I don't get having to address the problem for weeks on end. Case #1: I had a shopping cart of an online shop that really wanted me to purchase some needles with my order (there was a clitch that wouldn't allow me to remove them and I never put them in...). I contacted them with the order and then again with the problem. They indicated I wasn't the only one and they would credit me asap ($28 worth!). A week goes by and I notice on my statement that NO credit has been issued- I contact them again. They apologize and say they will check into it THAT day. Now I've received the order with no needles and the invoice makes a note of no needles but no price adjustment was made! I contact them AGAIN!! (I double check with the CC company just to make sure- no credit yet...) Now it's been three days with no answer on their part at all!! What a pain!
Case #2: Ordered two items (different company) but only one was in my package- I was charged for both. I contacted them FOUR times before they understood that I did not have the item AND I was charged!! It's been a month- I still do not have the other item and everytime I call it's "I see it right here to be mailed out.". I would just ask for a credit but the two things go hand in hand and to return the other thing costs me postage and restocking fee! It's such a headache to always have those things brewing in the back of your head!!

That being said, I have always had excellent/perfect/fast/friendly service from places like The Loopy Ewe and Woolgirl and Little Knits and WEBS ...okay I could go on and on and the good outweigh the bad, but the bad kills the joy of new stash!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Don't even get me started on customer service! What's going on in this world?

Carol said...

Tell me about it! Some people have no business working with the public at all! If they want more business, they should conduct themselves accordingly, the $ will come, not try to pull extra money from people by sneaky tactics.